Sunday, September 02, 2012

Sisters are the Best Kind of Friends

It has been an awesome long weekend and it was well spent {a whole lot of time scrapping and surfing crafty sites and blogland until 2 o'clock in the morning, ouchh}. Unfortunately the two seriously must do was unattended : ironing and gardening! Duhh...thought I could but hey, there's always tomorrow eh...smile. Tomorrow is back to school after a long weekend...chaotic and back to routine life, urgggh!
 
Now, yesterday I suddenly remember a challenge I had intended to do over at Colorful Creations therefore I checked in to see the details again. What important is there is still time...almost! A sketch for the Twisted Blueprint #10 is given and the project can be a layout, a card, digital and any project. The twist is to have flags, mist and 3 of a kind. Since I'm pretty close to deadline, I decided to make a card; mind you, it took me almost 3 hours sitting designing the card. I had hard time co-ordinating the scraps I have; they just didn't fit. I was stuck and started singing an ABBA song...take it easy {take it easy}; better slow down girl...la la la la... (love their songs...have been their fan at 7)! My big girl laughed at me just because I got stuck. She seldom sees me taking so long to finish a card but this is a record so far. I started at 4pm and eventually finished the card at 7pm...wow! I should have made a layout instead...lol.
 
Here's my center step card which is forever my favorite technique:

The sketch:
 
I am very happy with the end result. The bits of papers are from my box of scrap. The flower is handmade and colored with food coloring. You can find the tutorial HERE.
 
 Materials used: Pattern Pack Spring Morning, acid free drawing block, Kaisercraft stamp, sentiment from TLC, Staz On ink pad, Martha Stewart punch, Carla Craft punch, Copic Markers,
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist, Stickles, food coloring, ribbon and scraps
 
I am so happy to have you with me again...thanks for dropping by.
Hugs!

4 comments:

  1. How innovative to use food coloring to make your flower!!
    Thank You so much for following my blog
    Cheers
    Sonia
    cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Asmah! This is grand!! Of course, I love the card itself, but also love (and admire) all the steps it took you to get there! I checked back for the tutorial on how to make the flower...and remembered my good intentions! Now that I am reminded, I will try it for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Friend!

I honestly appreciate your time visiting me today. I value your sweet comment. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Hugs-n-Smiles,
Asmah