Thursday, February 14, 2013

Off The Page - Wall Hanging

Hello everyone! I'm happy to share with you my first OTP this year...this is specially made for my eldest daughter 'Alyaa who left home {for the first time} yesterday to enroll into boarding school. It has always been her dream {her dream since Year 4 at primary school} to further her secondary studies at MRSM {Maktab Rendah Sains MARA}...there will be a write up about her tough times and success during her finale year at primary school in my next post {a layout of her momentous day is in the making..yes, I am back scrapping after a week and a half interval because we had lots of preparation to do before registration day yesterday}.

This wall hanging is a farewell gift for my daughter. I thought the sentiment from Ginger's House is super cool. 'Alyaa simply loves it and I knew right away this would be perfect for her to hang in her hostel room shared with three other girls.      
Materials used: Gesso, Tattered Angel Glimmer Mist, Kaisercraft butterfly stamp, Staz-On ink pad, sentiment from Ginger's House, lots of my kids' broken items and from my stash


Lots and lots of beads, buttons, and broken ones from hair clips; that blue polka dot flower was from her sister's hair clip and Anis wanted me to add it in between. 'Alyaa made the yellow roses soon after I bought some ribbons last year so I thought her handmade would be more meaningful for this project since this is made for her exclusively...lol...
 In the picture below, can you spot the black wheel with a star in it? That is from my son 'Arif's broken toy {an aeroplane}! As for the short 2B pencil was overly shadowed with gesso belongs to Anis. 
I really enjoyed creating this mixed media art and can hardly wait to start on another one pretty soon.
Thank you so much for visiting me today. You just brighten me up :)
Hugs and smiles,

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow this is awesome. So love the textures and dimension on this. Great idea.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely gorgeous. I really love the sentiment. Great use of 'trash'. You've taken recycling to great height. Really, really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Asmah, gosh I am sorry I have missed so many of your wonderful and beautiful work of art. This is just so stunning and beautiful and I also love the Sheri Baldy Bestie card...great blog and in answer to your question about weeds...I very seldom get them in the garden, don't know why but am glad, not a lot of weeding here. We have pine bark around the plants so maybe that is the answer...luv aNNIe..xx

    ReplyDelete

Dear Friend!

I honestly appreciate your time visiting me today. I value your sweet comment. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Hugs-n-Smiles,
Asmah