Tuesday, June 02, 2015

Siblings Layout & My New Journey @ Scrap Africa

{My 1st DT work for Scrap Africa} 

Hello everyone! Wishing you all blue sky and everything nice. We are still facing heavy downpour and I believe this will continue throughout June. My children are on school break for two weeks and I have lined up plenty of crafty ideas to make and let's see if I 'can' get them done this week.

Just recently on May 30, Denise van Deventer announced her new design team members at Scrap Africa. I was and still am excited to see my name listed among the wonderful and talented designers from all over the world. I have been playing in the blog challenge for quite some time and won Top Hat twice that brought me to be their Guest Designer twice. When I read Denise offered DT Call last month, I decided to apply on the finale day {20 May} after much consideration. I didn't put high hopes though. When I received email from Denise the next day, she sounded positive and some days later she sent me invitation to Scrap Africa DT Blog. I was tickled pink to be selected into this incredible group of designers. {{{Thank you Denise}}}.

Today I would like to present my new layout which is part of my design team project for Scrap Africa Sketch Challenge #52.
 Supplies: Kaisercraft patterned paper & stamps, Alpa gesso & modeling paste, Sizzix die-cut machine, Heartfelt Botancial Wings dies, Stamplorations Chevron Crazy Stencil, watercolors, gauze, black gel pen, washi tape, twine, rhinestones and leaves/swirl die cuts were gift from Heather Waldron 

Here's the Sketch Challenge #52
Some up-close photos:
 Made the blooms in my spare moment. Added gauze and rhinestones onto swirls for interest.
 I have to be honest. I am not a fan of washi tape but that one I used was a gift from my middle daughter which she bought at her school shop last year. How can I resist?
 Doodling the watercolor splash. I love doodle :)
 I love writing note for my children.
 This has been one of my best photography last year when we spent a day at the park. I took lots of photos of my children who were very co-operative all day long {normally it's tough...lol}. I think one of the secrets to great 'co-operative shots' is to pre-plan your photography day and be sure to bring along food from home {your own cooking works best} and have fun. 

I hope you have enjoyed my layout this time and will take part in the current sketch challenge at Scrap Africa. Remember, the deadline is June 14. 

Until I see you again with my next project, take care and have a nice day.

Hugs and smiles,

3 comments:

  1. congratulations on your new DT position and love the fabulous page and beautiful photo,love the layout and texture
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic layout! Wonderful photo! Love the paint splattered background and fancy blossoms!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Asmah,
    this is beautiful ! I love the way you used the rope ..
    hugs
    Willeke

    ReplyDelete

Dear Friend!

I honestly appreciate your time visiting me today. I value your sweet comment. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Hugs-n-Smiles,
Asmah