Saturday, July 30, 2016

Summer Ice Cream @ Markers! Papers! Digis!

{My DT work for DS4J}


Hi there friends! Digistamps4Joy is participating in a 3-day Hot Hot Summer event in the Markers! Papers! Digis! Facebook Group. Lots of prizes to be won, and this image - Summer Ice cream" - will be available at half price only $1 from 29 July to 15 August for the coloring competition on Facebook.


Margaret Kieser the owner artist of Digistamps4joy is in the spotlight over at Markers! Papers! Digis! She is offering this adorable digi for $1. It's called Summer Ice Cream, and is a re-release of one of artist Jen Leeflang's works.

I love this cute image and made a shabby card.

 The image is printed on a drawing paper and colored with Paper Mate color pencils. Then I fussy cut with sharp scissor and cutting knife a well. Lastly I adhered on the layered card. 
Okay, have to be honest with my coloring, lol. I did a major spring cleaning prior Eid Mubarak last month and many craft stuff of mine are packed into boxes for a while so we can move things around the house and me sewing curtains at the same time. When the celebration is over, my Mother, siblings and their families bid us farewell. Slowly and surely I started cleaning up and opening the packed boxes. My girls have a new 12 cubicle storage in their room which they let me share to place my craft tools along with their books and comics. I just love looking at my display for hours; like a kid in a candy store you know {chuckle}. I know you have the similar feelings too {smile}. So.....only when I was about to color this sweet image couple days ago, I can't find my box of Copic markers! Oh man!!! That's why I borrowed my middle girl's color pencils for this project when I can't even locate my own watercolor pencils I just used the other day {what is wrong with me?? lol}. Speaking of extreme spring clean huh?!
 Taking this card into these challenges:
1. Feeling Sketchy : Sketch #149

That's it from me today and off I go to have choc ice-cream! Enjoy your weekend and happy creating.

Hugs and smiles,

4 comments:

  1. Such a cute image and your colouring is fabulous. Thank you for sharing this pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WoW what a beautiful card! I like how you take our sketch :-))
    Thank you for creating at Feeling Sketchy this time!
    Hugs, Andreja

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card and a cute image. Love yout take on the sketch. Thanks for playing along with us at Feeling Sketchy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely to see one of my lil drawing pop up here! I love the distressed edges!
    Thanks for entering your lovely make into our challenge at Feeling Sketchy, good luck, and please join us again soon!
    love
    Jen Leeflang

    ReplyDelete

Dear Friend!

I honestly appreciate your time visiting me today. I value your sweet comment. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Hugs-n-Smiles,
Asmah