Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Create Your Own Happiness

It's that time again for another cardmaking! Presenting today's creation is a vintage easel card. I love making easel card but vintage, very rare, lol. Once again Let's Scrap offers weekly challenge this week and I managed to create a card between my hectic schedule...here's my take on the sketch. 

Lately I have become addicted to digi images after been stamping all the while. My sister Lili has been telling me over a thousand times {from last year} about digi images but I said, "...nah, not now, I like stamping better!" I need something different however {to keep me alive, lol} so this week has watched me in extravaganza mojo browsing for digi images {way to go and I'm hooked!}. I downloaded the butterfly image from Free Vintage Digital Stamp. I just love it! A good friend of mine Desire Fourie  has offered the freebie sentiment for download on her blog {thanks}.

Here's the sketch DebbyD designed for 4-18-12 weekly challenge.
Isn't that awesome? Now you know why I go vintage...smile.

I used Copic Markers to fill in the butterfly.

I sew the ribbon with my trusty sewing machine {always loving it!}. The flower paper is just amazing and easy to make {thanking Desire again for sharing!}. I will have the tutorial coming up on my next post...stay tune...

Materials used: Kaisercraft (patterned papers, ink, Sweet Nothing Collectable), Ranger's disstress ink, Close To My Heart (brads), Copic Markers, others from my stash

I hope you will have a great day today and don't forget to remember to create your own happiness your own way. Hugs!

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Asmah, I love how you colored the butterfly, the pleating of the ribbon and the cute circle embellishments. Great job on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Betty :) I'm still learning and try to sharpen my Copic coloring skill. I guess by the time I master it, all the ink are gone =D

      Delete
  2. What a gorgeous easel creation. I love the pleated ribbon effect and that butterfly is just beautiful. So glad you could make use of the quarter-fold circle tutorial - they look great on your card.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Desire :) It was so much fun making them; even my girls made some their own!

      Delete
  3. Desire introduced me to "easel cards" during the Let's Scrap Leap Around the World Blog Hop in Febrary, and I love them. I have made two since that introduction! Yours is actually beautiful and a "cut above" as it contains stitching...the ultimate embellishment! My hat is off to you, my dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I learnt the folding skill from Beate Johns at Splitcoast Stampers site last year but only recently I made them {two so far, lol}. Whenever I scrap, I keep saying no stitching this time but I can't resist the temptation =D. Your comment boosted up my motivation Everest high! Thanks Kay!

      Delete
  4. Really, really beautiful. Huh! Now you're hooked on digi. Way to go girl.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Friend!

I honestly appreciate your time visiting me today. I value your sweet comment. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Hugs-n-Smiles,
Asmah