Friday, April 27, 2012

Deco Box ~ Garden Party

Hello again! It's been so long I haven't been making any altered art so today I spent a couple of hours finishing off my decorative box. I'm a very "green" person, I save useful things I know can  use for crafting some day.
Just two weeks ago we celebrated our son's 11th birthday on the 15th day of April. Daddy bought him a cake from the bakery and I thought the sturdy cake cardboard box is perfect for making my own box for a garden party theme challenge hosted by Alda Stevens from Flying Unicorn this entire month.
For this challenge, we can either make cards, tags, layout, altered and/or digital. For each creation, Alda has required us to fulfil 'eleven must have'...1) Must use 3 minimum patterned papers. (2) One butterfly. (3) One bird. (4) Use some ribbons/trims. (5) A fence. (6) A sign.
(7) Twig/vine. (8) Three flowers (9) Leaves (10) Tea-cup (11) Birdhouse/birdcage.
 I don't have problem with the ten items except one that is tea-cup! I don't have a stamp neither a tea-cup picture I can alter. Also I just don't have free moment to browse the net for freebies {tea-cup digi images precisely}. It's funny Lili {my supportive chatty sister on the phone!} and I even discussed about tea-cup; she planned to cut out a tea-cup shape off her 12x12 pp, lol. The tea-cup is main reason why I took this long to deco my box! Then couple days ago I remembered the wall hanging craft I bought at the border between Malaysia and Thailand many years ago. This craft that holds keys has a miniature tea-cup and teapot! I thought why not? Isn't my china tea-cup looks smashing on the lid?

Notice the sign on the right? I almost forgot the sign after placing everything and ready to take photos when I just remembered the sign! At this point I remember Anis (my second daughter) made some lollipop flowers for me from DMC skeins last month. I didn't think twice and wrote down 'welcome' on a tiny piece of cardstock. Her sister 'Alyaa offered to glue it down for me. Awesome!

I love that fence! Made it from toothpicks {new ones of course} =D Almost all the items used are from my stash except the trim is newly bought yesterday!
Materials used: Kaisercraft patterned papers, Ranger's disstress ink, Prima flowers and birdcage.
This is really a fun project I made for 'Alyaa and will make another one for Anis.  
I'm so glad to be able to reuse, reduce and rescue just anything I feel useful!
Go green...save our planet! 
I'm so happy you drop by today! Thanks for your time!
Hugs!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Asmah...so glad that you stopped by my blog for ds4j's blog hop. I just love your altered box! It's so very pretty...and just makes you wish for the sunny days of spring and summer.Thank you for inviting me to join your blog.

    Hugs ~ Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. My jaw nearly drop looking at your altered box aka Garden Party. Canhardly wait to drop by your house for a nice sip of tea over scones. Beautiful. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Friend!

I honestly appreciate your time visiting me today. I value your sweet comment. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Hugs-n-Smiles,
Asmah