Thursday, May 03, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

I am so excited and extremely thrilled to host Mother's Day Challenge for [Inter]National Scrapbooking Month at Let's Scrap the happening scrapping site this entire May!
For this challenge, I have set out a rule for participants to maker either a layout and/or two cards. For this post, I am highlighting the cards I have made as examples based on a sketch made by the talented DebbyD who is the administrator of Let's Scrap. Thank you Debby for an awesome sketch. I had so much fun working out my sample cards that I know I can make more.
For the two cards challenge, the themes for Card #1 is shabby/vintage and
the theme for Card #2 is Your Own Style. 

*CARD #1 – Theme : Shabby/Vintage
    Must make 1 flower [or more]; store bought flowers can be used for extra embellishment
    Must have sentiment
    Card size must be 15cm or 6" square
*CARD #2 – Theme : Your Own Style
Must have layering
Must have three patterned papers (the more the merrier)
Must have bling
Must have sentiment
Card size is up to you
...Here's my sample cards...
CARD #1 ~ Theme: Shabby
Close-up pic on my two handmade circle flowers:
Materials used: pp from Kaisercraft, Momoyo paper flowers & bling, Ranger's disstress ink, my trusty sewing machine and printer
CARD #1 ~ Theme: Vintage

Close-up pics on my handmade flowers:
Materials used: pp from Kaisercraft, Ranger's disstress ink, buttons from Prima

CARD #2 ~ Theme: Your Own Style

Close-up pics:
Materials used: pp from Kaisercraft, Ranger's disstress ink, Martha Stewart punch, Momoyo paper flowers and bling, digi image from Free Vintage, Copic Markers
Last but not least is the sketch I've been using for my cards from twist and turn technique :)
Come join my challenge at Let's Scrap! Looking forward to your participation!
Thanks for visiting. Have fun and happy scrapping.
Hugs!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for providing such a fun challenge for everyone over at Let's Scrap. Your card examples are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Friend!

I honestly appreciate your time visiting me today. I value your sweet comment. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Hugs-n-Smiles,
Asmah