Wednesday, August 21, 2013

My Hearfelt Thank You

~Dear friends~

My news for today is non-crafty issue. I have just overcome a madness and crucial pain the past couple of days and thought of sharing my story here with you all. 

My Facebook account was hacked – not once but twice in a matter of days. The second it happened really pissed me off completely and as I mentioned on my Wall “my chin is up but my anger is higher than the Everest”. I learnt a couple of lessons during the second experience:

a)      Who are my supportive friends. These are friends who provide me with solutions and ideas on how to solve my problem. My big hand goes to Jennifer Russell and her husband Bill Russell who guided me step by step via online in overcoming my problem. After all the hassle and trouble, Bill pointed out the problem could be due to outdated virus shield. I gave a quick check and voila! My shield was overdue. As a mitigating step, they gave me the link to the free Microsoft Security Essentials.  I would also thank my varsity mate Azizi Yusof for his help via chat room guiding me in tackling the problem. Thanks guys!

b)      I don’t have to be a computer genius to tackle my issue. Under the most desperate and trying situation, I turn into a genius in a matter of minutes. Thank you to my strong online support team. I don’t know what I’d do without you. Well, the easiest way would be to unplug my laptop and took it to the shop. Problem solved but money will also fly out of the wallet and I would not know when I will get my laptop back. Also, I would not acquire knowledge and I may not be able to help others for a change.

c)       Patience. I just have to swallow my pride and learn to handle the situation with patience and patience is not my strongest virtue.

d)      Strength. I gain a lot of strength from my online friends and also from my dear sister Lili Sulastri. She supported me all the way by giving me encouragement even though her computing knowledge is nothing to shout about. She wants me to hang in there and not give up.

e)       Finally – don’t panic. Help will come from unexpected quarters. Always be Grateful.

Having said that, I thank you for reading and dropping by today. Spring clean your computer if you haven't =) Take care.

Hugs and smiles,

4 comments:

  1. You are so very welcome Asmah! It was no trouble at all! If you have any more questions, feel free to ask and I can ask Bill. He's the professional at fixing these things. ;)

    Take care,
    --Jennifer Russell

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of your strong attitude and caring friends. I never doubted you. The Asmah I know and love would never have been like that *&$%^* hacker!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a nice story Asmah. How irritating that these people have nothing better to do than to hack your account. I would be in a bind too because I know nothing about computers... but I am going to check my virus softward. So glad that Jen and Bill managed to help you... :D xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing. It come to show we must not always take things for granted. Thank you for the link. I've already downloaded and ran a scan.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Friend!

I honestly appreciate your time visiting me today. I value your sweet comment. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Hugs-n-Smiles,
Asmah