Sunday, April 13, 2014

My Favorite Spot

Hi everyone! I've been silence the past several days because I was and still am under the weather. I am having very sore eyes, watery and itchy since last Thursday, therefore I wasn't able to do any crafting nor scrapping. I needed a lot of rest but it wasn't easy as a mother however. Plus my hands are often so itchy to scrap! Since I felt no watery eyes just now, I decided to give scrapping a go and here's my take for Sketchabilities
Supplies: So Sophie patterned paper, Kaisercraft stamps/ink pad/paper pad, Momoyo paper flower, Letraset sticker, drywall tape, gesso, modeling paste, watercolor, blooms and shells

I always admire sketches by Karan Gerber because it allows me freedom to be artsy and messy, lol. Here's the sketch:
I am also playing along at The Color Room and I'm so in love with the color palette they bring this month because I love working with neutral colors the most. This is my first submission for The Color Room challenge.
Here are some up-close photos:
I love chevrons and often make them in my free time so these chevrons come handy and all I did was giving them some stamping, misting and distress the edges. I have made a tutorial of how I did the chevrons and it's shown right below.
What I love about this sketch is there are lots of tags. I love tags or here we call them bookmarks which I love collecting since primary school. I recycle one from a clothing tag which I added some threads and tuck underneath the photo of my little one and her father.
Here's my Tutorial of how I did the chevrons:
I hope you like my presentation for today. Till the morning after, take care and stay healthy.
Hugs and smiles,

8 comments:

  1. what a gorgeous layout Asmah.

    gr karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome interpretation on our colour palette Asmah. Fab layout with so many great details. Love it. Thanks for joining in with us over at The Color Room and we hope to see you back again. Cheers Di

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! This page is really wonderful. Thanks for playing at Heart & Soul.
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  4. amazing background so stunning! thanks for playing at Heart & Soul!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your take on the challenges Asmah, your attention to detail is fantastic, so many elements to look at. Amazing & Gorgeous!

    Thanks for sharing and inspiring. Mwah Angie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous layout...love the use of the shells :) Thanks for joining us over @ HeART & Soul this month!

    ReplyDelete
  7. congrats for winning over at the color room! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love marine atmosphere of your layout! Thank you for playing along with us at TCR.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Friend!

I honestly appreciate your time visiting me today. I value your sweet comment. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Hugs-n-Smiles,
Asmah